Friday, May 29, 2009

Newspaper Articles... READ!

Dear 6B,

As mentioned in class... READ, READ, READ! I'm also going to catch up on my reading over the holidays. :)

Do check the posts regularly for interesting news articles which I will share with you here.

Today, 3 more H1N1 cases are detected. Are you aware? Read here to find out more! http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_382905.html?vgnmr=1

Something interesting to provide you with ideas for composition writing...
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_382767.html

Have you read these articles? Comment on them... Any feelings that you have after reading them. :)

Rgds,
Spoilt Recorder

7 comments:

  1. Yeo Eugene

    I have read and watched them on the internet, newspapers, televisions and listen through the radio broadcast on Thursday for the H1N1 case but not the cabby being punched.
    I think they should invent some sort of medicine for treating H1N1 faster or it will spread faster and faster. And I think the cabby who was punched was quite unlucky. Cabby's also put a lot of rik to their life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know that Singapore has 3 H1N1
    cases until today(1 June 2009).I thought the H1N1
    virus will not reach Singapore.It is a wonder that why people still travel to places that are hit with H1N1.I hope they will have a speedy recovery and there will be no more Swine flu.As for the cabby being punched,The cabby was also at fault too.If Mr Lim did not refuse to go to Serangoon,this incident will not have happen.(He could also have earned more money)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the H1N1 would not come to singapore so quickly ,there are already 4 cases (1 june ) i feel that people should just stay at home during the holidays or the doctors should just make a vaccine . I hope that those people will recover soon and i also hope that jeffrey does not get H1N1 as he has gone to america .-Kevin Choh-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that I am lucky because Singapore government had stopped the cases before it had entered the city,causing more of such cases.Then,there will be chaos like Japan.The cabby should have drove the passenger to Serangoon before returning to Hougang because there is a phrase"The customer are always right".I also think that the two passenger should alight and flag down another cab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that the Singapore Government should take extra precautions to prevent it from spreading.
    T feel that Khairul should have controlled himself and they should have alighted the cab and flag for another cab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel that Singapore government should stop people from going to other countries and coming back to Singapore as H1N1 is still on going.

    Khairul should not punched the driver. They should not change their minds since the driver is going to Hougang. They should get off the cab and flag for another cab which is willing to go to Serangoon.

    ReplyDelete