Dear 6B,
With reference to the article on the 29th of March 2009 - Deaf to the World, what do you think of the attitude of the youngsters nowadays? If you were them, what will you do?
Rgds,
Spoilt Recorder
CANCELLATION OF SJI OPEN HOUSE ON 18 July
17 years ago
Choi Hoi Ching
ReplyDeleteI think they are very selfish as people might be rushing to work by car.If I were them, i would look behind me every few minutes to see if there is any cars behind me and if yes, i would move out of the way.
Their attitude is unacceptable.they blame drviers for it and say that its the drivers responsiblility.they think they are to VIPs.And back in the olden days when there were no radio/mp3 players,did the people of the past feel bored?nope.
ReplyDeleteI think they are ignorant and selfish as pedestrians have the responsibility to look out for cars too. I would pay attention to my safety more and be careful when I'm crossing the road.
ReplyDeleteNowadays, youngsters are oblivious to their surroundings as they are either listening to music on their ipods or texting a message on their handphones. I think they have no sense of responsibility as if the pedestrians are oblivious to their surroundings, it is not the driver's fault if they knock them down. If I were
ReplyDeletea pedestrian who gets very bored without music to listen to, I would put only one ear piece into
one ear so that I can still listen to music and at the same time, know what is going on around me and can be careful while crossing the road.
Youngsters nowadays are obliwious to their surroundings and do not respect anyoneelse except themselves.If I were them I would not listen to music or text a message while walking around as it will be a hazard for both me and the people around me.
ReplyDelete-Jeffrey-
I think they are very irresponsible as they push the blame to the drivers by saying that it is the driver's fault as they never look out for them.If i were them,i would not listen to music and text message while i am walking as i don't want to be involved in an accident.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think they are very arrogant(they are also stupid dogs)as they said that drivers should look out for them but they listen to music.If I were them,you will not see me with an iPod,MP3 or other music thingies as I hate music,especially Chine Opera songs.Even if I like music,I will only use them at home
ReplyDeleteI think their attitude is unacceptable.If I were them,I would not listen to iPod and MP3 while crossing the road.If I want listen to my iPod, I would turn the volume to 25%.
ReplyDeleteI think their attitude is totally unacceptable and they selfish, irresponsible. They are irresponsible and selfish because they push the blame to the drivers that the drivers should be the ones looking up for them while they listen to their iPod, MP3 or text a message. If I were them, I would not text a message or listen to music. If I am really bored and want to listen to music, I would lower the volume to 50% and below and be more careful while crossing the road.
ReplyDeleteIo me,youngsters nowdays think that they are in the right all the time, ignorant,selfish irresponsible and totally unacceptable.It is their responsiblility to keep on look out for cars and not the drivers.If I were them,I would keep the volume softer and would not text when I am on the road , only when I am on the pavement then only will I text messages.I would also keep a look out and be more cautious.
ReplyDeleteI think that their attitudes are somewhat ridiculous as blaming the drivers for accidents which are obviously the youngsters fault doesn't make sense. They should not listen loudly to music and text messages when crossing the road unless they are 100% sure they can notice the drivers.
ReplyDeleteI think they are trying to annoy the drivers but by doing that,risking their lives.Maybe they think it is cool.They think they are VIP(this time is really very idiotic person).If I was them I would of course not be as dumb as them to turn the volume to 100%!Only dumb-dumbs would do that(seriously).I would at least look back once or twice when there's a horn.
ReplyDeleteSeow Qi Hui
ReplyDeleteI think that youngster are risking their lives just to listen to their music and pushing the responsibility to the driver to look out for them.
They also should not on the volume to 100% and on the volume to 50% and below.
Kevin CHoh
ReplyDeletei think that the pedestrians also have a responsibility for their own safety and not be so selfish when walking they could cause alot of road accidents.
Jeline F.
ReplyDeleteI think that most of the youngsters nowadays do use their phones to text messages and listen to music. I think they are very inconsiderate, making drivers look out for them when they are totally oblivious to their surroundings. If i were them, i would not text messages when crossing the roads. Nor will i listen to blasting music.
I think that people who listen to their MP3 on the road do not even bother about their own safety, they can never be bothered. They only care about listening to their MP3 such as creative, samsung, ipod and the new iphone. I do not see why people have to listen o their MP3 on the road. When they are listening to their MP3 on the road, WHAM! They would get run over by a car or a bicycle. People could listen to their MP3 at home or while sitting in the bus. They could get killed listening to their MP3 on the road, which could affect their families. I can also tell that people listen to their MP3 with an ear shattering volume. People could at least listen to their MP3 with at least 25% of thevolume, but it is safer to listen to songs when they are stationary.
ReplyDeleteI think the youngsters nowadays are irresponsible for their own lives as they rather listen to their MP3player than watching out for cars passing by to crash into them.If they want to listen to their MP3 player when walking they
ReplyDeleteshould adjust the volume of the MP3 player to 25 % than t full volume.
I think that they are very selfish as they are the ones at fault yet they blame the drivers...=(
ReplyDeleteSo drivers are in the rush and blocking them will make them fustrated. The drivers will horn at the teenagers but if the teenagers do not move faster. Other cars will acumilate behind the first car and all of them will start horning at the teenagers. I think teenagers should think more for the drivers.
Teenagers turn the volume of their MP3 players so loud that even people beside them can hear what song they are playing on their MP3 player. They will start talking very loud as they cannot her what they are saying. They may also become deaf very soon...=(
I think they are being incorrigible and atrocious as they are oblivious to their surroundings because of their entertainment and if they are hurt , they will push all the blame to the drivers. They will not be able to hear honds or warnings or drivers or oncoming cars which may lead them to great danger . Therefore i think they should not neglect their safety for music or games .
ReplyDelete-Rachel chan -
I think they are very inconsiderate.Drivers may be at a rush to go for a meeting but it may be because of these youngsters that they get demoted or fired because they are late.As padestrian,we should look out for ourseleves instead of others looking out for us.
ReplyDeleteI think it is very dangerous as they would not be able to hear certain sounds.
ReplyDeleteIf I were them, I would not listen to iPod when crossing a road or lower the volume to about 30%.
We should not listen to iPod with a very high volume as we may damage our ears.
I think they are irresponsible of their actions.
ReplyDeleteListening to music is fine,but if they pay too much attention on the music and ignore their surroundings,they are the ones who will suffer.
If i were them,i would lower the volume or just don't hear it.
I think they are being very inconsiderate.They should not behave like this and be considerate.They could lower the volume of the music they are listening to.They should also not ignore drivers.
ReplyDeleteTheir attitude is quite inexpicably ridiculous as they are causing themselves and others hurt.
ReplyDeleteThey are also quite daring as although they run the risk of banging into other vehicles, they still turn on their MP3 extremly loud.
In my opinion, I think they should stop bring handphones, MP3 etc as they are "undetectable weapons to carry around".
I think the youngsters dont really care about their lifes.They should not turn the volume so loud so that they could hear the honking of the car and avoid the car.They should take extra precaution when crossing the road as their lifes are very important.
ReplyDeleteI think the youngsters nowadays are too spoilt. If i were them,I won't turn the volume until so high that I can't hear the incoming vehicles.
ReplyDeleteI think the youngsters are too unrespectful as they did not care about other commuters.If they do that, it will not only damage their ears but also get injured. Both physically and mentally. I also had this experience which I almost got knocked down by cars not only once but thrice. I am not really concern about this issue. If they are oblivious to their surroundings, I suggest them not to listen as the consequence is not that small.
ReplyDeleteWJ LIM.
ReplyDeleteI think it is inconsiderate as they expect the drivers to look out for them if they have this attitude, they are just having a suicide attempt as they will or most likely to die if they are hit by a car. I wish them all happy deaths.
PS. congrats to calvin on being chosen to manage the class blog:)
I think that is an inconsiderate thing to do as they expect the drivers to look out for them,while they just do their own things.If they do not want to die,they should take care of their lives.If I were one of them,I would not ilsten to music when walking.I will only listen to music in a vehicle.
ReplyDeleteThey should spare a thought for other people as they may be in a rush and may accidently run over them. Their lives will also be lost and i think it is not worth it. I would not listen to music as it is not safe. Even if i would listen to music, i would only on 2/10 of the volume.
ReplyDeleteYeo Eugene
ReplyDeleteI think youngsters nowadays are just pushing the blame on other people. I think they should not listen to music or text message as it concerns their life.If I were one of them, I would not do that as I would want to live life to the fullest.
I think youngsters are getting more and more selfish nowadays. They should not listen to music while crossing the road. If I were them, I would rather not risk my life than to enjoy listening to music and face the music after that.
ReplyDeleteYoungsters should not think that if an accident happen it must be the driver's fault.
ReplyDeleteThese youngsters are getting really out of hand these days.If i were the youngsters i would rather not listen to music first and only when i get home only then i would listen to music.Only dumb people would be as foolish to do that.
I think the youngsters should blame themselves as they are the one's listening to the music.
ReplyDeleteIf i were them, i would not even listen to music and risk my life.
I think their attitude is unacceptable and they selfish, irresponsible.They should not push the blame to the drivers that the drivers should be the ones looking up for them while they listen to the music. If I were them,I would not listening to the music or texting messages while crossing the road.
ReplyDelete