Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reading Articles

Dear 6B,

Do you know that a German researcher engaged in extensive community activities like shopping, going to concert and attending functions while he's carrying the H1N1 virus? Read here for more... http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_391667.html Do you think he's really selfish? What would you have done if you were him?

MOE is taking precautionary steps towards H1N1. Hong Kong schools closed their pre-schools and primary schools for two weeks. Do you think we should close our schools as well? In view of the coming PSLE examinations, how will you spend your time if there's really a school closure?
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_391453.html

Do you know of the poisoning of cats at Bayshore Condominium? Many cats were left unconscious or dead... It was really sad to read the articles. I feel that all animals have a right to live. I used to be terrified of cats because of their claws. However, in recent years, I came to know that they are very adorable and independent animals. They just want some food, love and attention from us... why harm them? :'(

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_389822.html

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_390358.html?vgnmr=1

SPCA is offering $2000 reward to catch the culprit! What do you think of the act of the culprit? Do you have any bad experiences with cats?

Rgds,
Spoilt Recorder

8 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that the PSLE booster is cancelled ! :O I feel that the actions of the man who is engaged in entensive coomunity is very inconsiderate because he has already flu symptoms but he did not postpone his trip to Singapore... Now contact tracing of the people near him is very difficult.
    I think that schools should be closed for about 2 weeks as an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Maybe we can conduct more E-Learning days when we are not in school.
    But if the H1N1 cases remain stable,schools should not be cancelled as PSLE is quite close.
    As for the SPCA article, I feel that the person who harmed the cats is very cruel to do such a thing. Why harm cats which are innocent and have done nothing wrong to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the German researcher is very selfish.He should have went to see a doctor immediately and not go around to places filled with people.If I were him,I would not go around spreading the H1N1 virus to other people.
    In my point of view,I think we should close our school for a week or more just to be on the safe side.
    If there's really a school closure,I would study harder and if I have difficulties with my studies,I would seek my teacher's help and from others.
    About the SPCA article,I feel that cats should be treated well and respected like us.They have their rights to live their lives.Harming them is very wrong and cruel.We should always put ourselves in their shoes and spare a thought for them.I hope people would harm cats or any other animals without any good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - Rachel Chan -
    1)I think the German Researcher is really selfish and inconsiderate . If he had flu-like symthoms he should approach a clinic or medical assistant instead of going to all these public areas . He could haved spreaded the virus to others if he really had H1N1. If i were him i will see a doctor without hesitation and listen to the doctor's advice.

    2)If the H1N1 was so serious that school closure is needed . I would definitely spend my time working harder and revising my textbooks to improve my studies . Due to the oncoming PSLE , i will work even harder and seek my teachers help for the parts that i dont undertand or is unsure about.

    3)I think the culprit of this murder is selfish and thinks that animals are lowly . Just because the cat scratch his car he would poison them thats such a poor excuse! Cats are also living things which does not give him the right to kill them .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the German researcher is very selfish! He should have seen a doctor immediately knowing that he has flu symptoms and avoid going to crowded places. If I were him, I will see a doctor immediately and avoid crowded places.

    I think we should close the school for at least a week to be on the safe side. If there is a school closure, I will work even harder as PLSE is coming.

    The culprit is selfish and cruel! Animals should be respected and loved. They have the rights to live which does not give him the right to kill them. People should not kill animals just because they scratched their cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also agree with the netizens that the german researcher is very selfish.Since he knows that he is not feeling well he should have called the 993 ambulace.What is more, he still has the cheek to go shopping.Now, anyone who has come in contact with the man is impossible to trace. Anyone could be carriers of H1N1!

    We should definitely close our school.H1N1 is now spreading rapidly in Singapore and soon it may spread to a student and the whole school has to be quarantined.If there is school closure, I will
    revise the past work so as to refresh my memory or even read the text book on the chapters that the teachers have not taught yet(science and Chinese).

    I feel that the culprit should not have done that even though the cat may have scratched his car.He should have called the NEA or SPCA to neutralize the cats or put them up for adoption .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The German researcher is selfish but i guess he now feels bad about himself. If he doesn't, I would call him a mean and selfish being =(. He should have gone to the doctor in the first place!

    We should definitely close our school if H1N1 start having more cases. I'm afraid that we will all get H1N1 if one of us gets it and the whole school gets it too. If there is a school closure, i would take out all my work and start revising them.

    The culprit is a cold blooded human. How could he poison those poor cats =(. They were just looking for shelter. No i do not have any bad experiences with cats but my mother has when she was young. The cat nearly disfigured her when it strached her face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the German Researcher's face should be pasted on the newspaper as a punishment (also to make him embarrased)and pay ,for those infected by him, hospital fees.

    I think here should be school closure(all students long for that) when H1N1 gets worse.No body would want to get the H1N1 virus.If there is school closure,I may go out for a while but read more books and study.

    The culprit is a cruel person and imagine if he was the kitten.He would surely not want to be poisoned.If I found out who the culprit is,I will call the SPCA and then $$$.I can also save those cats.I do not have bad experience with cats but my father have.The cats in the temple likes to sleep on top on my fathers car and sometimes scracthed the car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that German shoula have at least wore a mask when he went out.Without the mask,more people would be infected.I think that such people are very inconsiderate.They do not know such behaviour will have serious effect on the community.I hope that the German researcher's behaviour would change the selfishness of Singaporeans.

    I think that schools should be close so as to contain the virus.Once students get infected, the examinations may be cancelled and we will have to work hard for another year.As for the extension of the holidays,we should study.

    The culprit should feel guilty unless he has mental problem.He should not poison the cats because once you meet someone you hate,you might try to kill the person like you kill the cat.I have no bad experience with cats.

    ReplyDelete